Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Secrets of the Enemy

I was listening to a radio interview with Mel Bond last night that struck a chord with me. He shared some principles he's learned relating to discerning spirits and battling demons effectively. Three things he said especially caught my attention: (1) when we are filled with God's love, the fruits of the Spirit, and God's Word, demons have no room in our hearts to reside; (2) demons can detect whether or not our whole being desires for them to leave, and if there's even 1% of us that doesn't mind them sticking around, they'll stay; and (3) one of the biggest demonic deceptions is to convince us that we need to pray more, read the Bible more, sin less, or be closer to God before we can cast a demon out of someone -- we need to realize that it's by the authority and accomplishment of Jesus that demons are required to leave, not by what we've done or failed to do. One other thing he said that struck me was that Christians often don't realize the significance or expanse of demonic activity, and many Christians put up with demons tormenting them simply because they don't realize it's there. Huh. I don't want that to be me. I need to digest this more before giving my own thoughts on these points, but I thought I should throw them out there to stimulate some action or discussion. Let's not be ignorant of the wiles of the evil one!

No comments:

Post a Comment