Friday, August 13, 2010

The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

This morning, as my son and I made our routine laps around the block, I recalled the Scripture in which David says that the joy of the Lord is his strength. As I was meditating on the meaning of this, my hip started hurting. It felt as if my hip had pulled slightly away from the socket, and I could feel my muscles and tendons pulling abnormally around my hip area. Right away, I proclaimed with delight, "The joy of the Lord is my strength!" I felt great joy, almost to the point of laughter. As I walked, I commanded the hip to go back into its socket and the pain to retreat from the muscles. I was almost not surprised when I discovered that just two steps later the pain in my hip was completely gone. My hip has shown no signs of sensitivity or injury since then. Praise the Lord! My prayer is that I will be able to share this feeling of joy, freedom, and intimacy with the Lord with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment